I get this question a lot. Playing on line 1 is an inspiring goal to set for yourself. In order to get there, you need to become one of the better players on your team, you’ll need to be a leader and capable of handling yourself physically and emotionally in the most important moments of the most important games.
The path to getting here isn’t the same for everyone. You’ll need to leverage your unique strengths to produce results.
Here are a couple of episodes from my podcast archives that might help you move up to line 1:
– 5 Character Traits Every Hockey Player Must Have by Matt Korthuis
– Your Reputation as a Teammate featuring Matt Reid
– Leadership: Do you need to wear a letter in order to be a leader? Featuring Dr. Cassidy Preston
– Want More Ice time? Start Doing These 5 Things that Other Players May Not Be Doing
– Why Playing YOUR Game is Important and Why the World and Your Team Needs YOU!
– Why It’s Important to Set Goals, Stay Consistent and Enjoy the Process